The Folklore and Ethnological Museum was founded in 1976, and since 1984 it is housed in the back part of the building of the Urban School. The exhibition includes multiple historical objects and documents, tools and stone objects, textiles, traditional costumes, household items and ecclesiastical material. The ecclesiastical material includes sacred books of the period from 1600 to 1850. The museum was renamed “Georgios Gorantis” in honour of its inspirer, for his long-term contribution to the museum.

The inside of the local museum
The “old living room”